Monday, April 21, 2014

I Believe in Jesus Christ, And That's Why I'm On A Mission!

I`m not going to lie, it was a little bit of a rough week in Maizuru.  


Mostly because we got dropped on Monday by our yakusokusha, N*****, possibly the most promising investigator I`ve ever had. She called us last Monday (we were at Gyomu super buying grocieries), told us to wait there, and came right over.  She tried to give us the Book of Mormon back, and gave us a letter about how she can`t meet anymore even though she wants to. Her family said they would completely cut off contact with her if she kept meeting. I convinced her to keep the Book of Mormon, and she says she still prays every day, but she can`t meet anymore.  All we can do is hope that one day her family`s hearts will soften.  And then that day`s appointment was cancelled, and we got a flat tire.  I think the Lord likes irony. And that`s okay.  I do too most times.

Tuesday

We spent a lot of time staring at maps and trying to figure out where less actives live and getting lost. 

Then we went to go teach T****** Shimai, our cute little 27 year old mom.   Her little 1 year old goes crazy during the lessons, but she is so intent on everything that it doesn`t even phase her, and she thinks that what we`re teaching is so cool and wants to believe in God.  I think she has a lot of potential.  

Then we got ANOTHER flat tire (that`s one every day for three days) and had to walk our bikes back home at the speed of light in order to make it back in time for Eikaiwa.


Wednesday


We had a lesson with N************, and S***** Shimai kindly doseki`d.  N************* prayed and agreed to do so every day.

We also had another lesson with S***** Shimai.


Thursday


We taught S***** again with A**** Shimai and then taught S******, who now has a growing desire to know if Jesus Christ is her Savior!  And then we had weekly planning session.


Friday


District meeting and a lesson with H***** Shimai who now believes in Jesus Christ!


Saturday


GENERAL CONFERENCE!
Which was, of course,  was AMAZING.  I was excited all week, like a kindergartener waiting for...I don`t know. Something exciting.  That started out as a really good analogy in my head.  Anyways, what I was really trying to say was that I was excited beyond reason and was not by any means disappointed. I felt like many of the speakers were speaking directly to me. 

I unfortunately left my notebook at home, but I`ll share my favorite bits next week.  (As always, Elder Holland was PHENOMENAL.)

We also taught S***** Shimai with the Elders, and since Yusa Choro is a Nihonjin, he understood her and told us everything she said!  She really wants to be baptized.


Sunday

Conference and some finding.  


All in all, it was a good week.  There`s never a bad day in the Japan Kobe Mission, after all.


I just want to testify on this week before Easter that I know that our Savior Jesus Christ, the Son of God, was resurrected over 2000 years ago for us. He died and suffered not for all of us, but for each of us.  He bore our griefs and our sins for us one by one, individually and personally, because He loves us. I believe in Christ, and that is why I`m on a mission.  I want to make the Master proud, and I want to bring others unto Him.


On my way to becoming a true disciple!


--Sister Whitney



Look at this real house with millions of statues. 
I don`t think the statues mean anything.  People just like statues here.  I think just about everyone has at least one statue on their front porch.  

Pictures of the town.


Yay for Sakura!










No comments:

Post a Comment